Sunday, September 14, 2008

Outlook Not Closing

Since I have upgraded to Outlook 2007 quite some time ago, I have had a problem with Outlook not closing on exit. This is an issue because I also receive my mail on my Samsung BlackJack II, and if Outlook grabs the message off the server first - no email is pulled down on my phone. The only solution I knew of was to go into the task manager and end the process manually.

The crazy thing is that this issue only happened about 75% of the time; sometimes Outlook would close correctly without any problems. I knew there had to be an alternate solution to the end process trick, or at least a better way to resolve the hanging process completely. Therefore, I did some research and found a handy little page that sheds some light on the issue.

Slipstick Systems:
OUTLOOK.EXE continues running after you exit Outlook
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.asp


Hope this helps if you are having the same issue!

- Presario

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home